[mpich-discuss] [gt-user] Sample parameter sweep application

Blair Bethwaite blair.bethwaite at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 16:18:06 CST 2008

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 6:14 AM, Matias Alberto Gavinowich
<mattlistas at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am working on a software capable of handling parameter sweep
> application submissions on a cluster or grid environment (for the time
> being, I am using Condor), for my thesis. I am looking for sample
> applications which I may use to test the software I've developed. I
> would appreciate your help and suggestions, perhaps someone in the
> community can point me to some application which meets my needs.

You ought to look at the Nimrod tools
(http://messagelab.monash.edu.au/Nimrod), in particular Nimrod/G - it
does this for a range of different middleware.

> What I am looking for is a non-data intensive application for which it
> may be desired to perform several runs varying a parameter.

There are a plethora of computational tasks which fit the bill here.
You might get an idea of the scope by looking here -
http://messagelab.monash.edu.au/EScienceApplications. Perhaps a
distributed ray tracing operation would fit the bill for you, that
being somewhat of a classical example, but you could of course do
anything stochastic requiring a large sample size for results.

~B

--
In science one tries to tell people, in such a way
as to be understood by everyone, something that