[MPICH] Using -mpilog does not produce any log

Reuben Budiardja techlist at pathfinder.phys.utk.edu
Mon Mar 26 09:14:43 CDT 2007

Hello,
I am trying to use MPE logging facility to profile the MPI calls in my
code. In my makefile I put 'mpif90 -mpilog' as my compiler and linker.
Yet when I run the code I don't get any log produced.

I tried this for the codes in the examples/ directory included with
MPICH distribution, and it works and produced the log files.

So I must be missing something. My code also depends on other libraries
(ie. HDF5, PETSc). I don't know if that should affect anything. Could
anyone give me some pointers on what I might be missing and how to
troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks for any help.

RDB
--