[MPICH] Windows distrib and Myrinet questions

Scott Atchley atchley at myri.com
Thu Jun 28 19:00:55 CDT 2007

On Jun 28, 2007, at 7:13 PM, Patrick Gräbel wrote:

> Ok, I did already recognize that it is only a "pluggable" device
> for the
> ANL MPICH2 as "ch_mx" just looks like this :D
>
> Does the beta already support dynamic process management? As for
> nemesis
> (linux): the manual/doc informs, that it does _not_ support dynamic
> process management yet (but the doc may be obsolete by now).
>
> Greetings,
> Patrick.

The ch_mx beta does not yet support MPI_Comm_spawn or one-sided. We
will added dynamic spawning next.

I am not sure if Nemesis supports dynamic process management. You can
download MPICH2 from ANL and compile it with --with-
device=ch3:nemesis and then run the test suite. That suite has a
spawn sub-directory.

Scott