[MPICH] MPD instructions for root

Saurabh Tendulkar gillette206 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 25 17:32:29 CDT 2007

Hi,

The mpd setup instructions for a user are very lucid (MPICH2 1.0.5p4
installation guide), not so much from the root's point of view. I'd like to
ensure that all machines that were set up for mpd remain thus setup if they go
down and come back up, and maintain/update their mpd ring connections to each
other etc automatically. If this is indeed possible, how do I do it? Any info
from the system administrator's point of view would be greatly appreciated --
I'm new at this. Thanks.

saurabh