[MPICH] Running IMB-IO with MPICH2

Robert Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jun 25 09:55:48 CDT 2007

On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 03:33:32PM +0530, Jothi Padmanabhan wrote:
> I am trying to run Intel MPI Benchmarks (IMB_3.0) with mpich2-1.0.5p4.
> I am getting a data integrity error (I am running with -DCHECK option). Has
> anybody faced a similar problem?
>
> Here are the details:
>
> IMB-IO, P_Write_Indv benchmark,
> NP=2 on a single node,
> UFS,
> Fedora Core 4,
> 32-bit Pentium 4 processor.

Hi Jothi

Was this aggregate or non-aggregate mode?

I don't see any problems with either Aggregate or non-aggregate mode
P_Write_Indv at 2 processors.   At 4 processors, I also have no
problems with aggregate mode.

4 processor non-aggregate P_Write_Indv, however, crashes really early
in the benchmark.   That's pretty odd to me, because it's my
understanding (section 5.2.8.2 of the IMB manual) that the only
difference between aggregate and non-aggregate mode is that buffers
are flushed after every operation in the non-aggregate case.

==rob

--
Rob Latham