[MPICH] understanding the signal numbers of the crashes

Kamaraju Kusumanchi kamaraju at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 20:38:46 CDT 2007

Hi all

    Is there any book/document/webpage which explains what different
signal numbers mean? For example, when executing an MPI program I am
getting an error as follows.

exit status of rank 3: killed by signal 9

>From previous discussions on this list, I know that Signal 11 means
segmentation fault. But what about signal 9? What about other signal
numbers?

I googled and got no hits. I also looked in the "mpich2 User's guide"
version 1.0.5 which does not explain the signal codes. Any other
pointers/suggestions?

thanks
raju