[MPICH] problems in achievement of effective speedup

David Hart dhart at indiana.edu
Thu Jun 21 11:32:00 CDT 2007

There is latency in going to other machines, and there is overhead in
running MPI. These are overcome if there's enough work that can be
parallelized; if your test jobs are small, there won't be. The trick
of good parallel performance is to make the test job very big.

There may be other factors, but without details they cannot be known.