[MOAB-dev] Deprecating ITAPS interfaces in MOAB

Mahadevan, Vijay S. mahadevan at anl.gov
Thu Apr 11 11:35:54 CDT 2024

All,

We plan to completely deprecate the ITAPS interfaces and related tools

in MOAB. We would like to start a discussion to better understand

specific workflows relying on these outdated interfaces. If you do, we

strongly recommend moving to the newer iMOAB interfaces. Please let us

know if you have any questions regarding the transition.

Note, that since there has been no development on CGM due to lack of

funding the past couple of years. Hence, we are dropping support for

accessing native OCC geometry representations through CGM/MOAB. We

will be adding some interfaces to EGADSlite in the future as we

transition to supporting both on-node and inter-node parallelism for

both geometry and unstructured mesh access. The exact timeline is not

set in stone but we should have tested interfaces ready by next summer

(2025).

Comments and concerns are welcome.

Best,

Vijay