[MOAB-dev] OBB ray firing questions

Tim Tautges ttautges at divergent3d.com
Mon Dec 12 18:19:24 CST 2022

Hi all,
  I'm attempting to use OrientedBoxTreeTool to do some ray tracing on a shell of triangles. I'm observing two problems:

  *   When I call OBTT::ray_intersect_triangles, the results come back but are not sorted by distance. Is there some reason they're not?
  *   If I try calling OBTT::ray_intersect_sets, with the variant that does not take an IntRegCtxt argument, the code asserts in RayIntesectsSets::leaf with lastSet == 0, implying that there's some function that should be called before this.

Am I using this tool wrongly? Note, for the first bug above, I tried running obb_test on that same file with the offending ray start/direction, and got the same (unsorted) results.