[MOAB-announce] MOAB v5.4.1 is now available

Vijay S. Mahadevan vijay.m at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 21:27:52 CST 2022

Dear MOAB users,

A minor update to the MOAB library is now available. The tarball can
be downloaded from [1]. If you are working with release branches in
Bitbucket, please use the newly created "5.4.1" tag to get the latest
changes.

Some notable updates:

- Added preliminary support for bilinear maps exposed by TempestRemap
- New iMOAB routine: `iMOAB_SetDoubleTagStorageWithGid` to accumulate
and store the Tag values for DoFs with different source and target
distributions
- New iMOAB example that can perform a one-hop or two-hop
communication pattern for data transfer between disparate meshes
- CMake: Fix test install for newer versions of pip and setuptools
- Fix a VisIt MOAB visualization plugin bug due to an elusive pointer
alignment issue when reading header info from h5m files

As always, please do let us know if there are any issues with the new release.

We are planning to move forward with significant changes to MOAB in
various areas including the build system (CMake), support for GPU
systems, and deprecation of several old tools and APIs. We will start
discussions and will solicit input from interested users as well.

Best,
Vijay

[1] https://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/fathom/moab-5.4.1.tar.gz