[POOL] Pool

John Valdes j-valdes at comcast.net
Wed Oct 20 17:18:29 CDT 2021

I've got your change, Paul.

Another rough night last night. Sole win was Paul N against Bob Daun,
winning 3 in a 3:9 match-up.  Paul took him down decisively, losing
the first 2 games but then winning the next 3.  His first win in
the League, against a really good player; great job Paul!

I lost my 2:6 match against Adam (Daun); I won the 2nd from last game
to take it hill-hill, but on a game before that where I was down to
just 1 ball while Adam still had a bunch, Adam intentionally safetied
me like 3 times in a row even though he had plenty of his own balls to
shoot at (part of the game, so no biggie, but still annoying ;) ).

David was close in his match, also getting to the hill in a 2:4 match
against Bobby, but went down 1:4.  In the game he won, Bobby just had
the 8 to shout at, but David made a real nice safety behind his 1
remaining ball, thwarting Bobby and allowing David to sink his
remaining ball and the 8 for the game.

Dennis played Frankie, who's also really good, in a 4:6, going down 2:6.

John