[POOL] Argonne Pool to Start Nov 3

Dean Bass deanbass at mac.com
Mon Oct 26 19:45:42 CDT 2020

We are still on schedule to start on Nov 3, but things may change so please understand we will take it week by week.  Only 4 person teams.  I hope to stop by the Q tomorrow night just to see what it looks like now that things are more in swing there.

Generaly COVID Safety - Masks will be required at all times except when eating or drinking.  We will be scheduling matches to ultimately reduce the number of people in the Q at one time, if you decide you wish to watch, please use good social distancing practices.  Hand sanitizer is available and additional sanitation of balls and table after a match is available on request.  The success of this league depends on compliance.

Scheduling matches.  We are starting at 4 pm and we are recommending schedule matches for 4pm, 5pm 6:30pm and 8pm.   Each team lead will contact the team lead from the opposing team to work out the exact times and players for each match.  If there are deviations from the suggested times, that is OK, we can play later, but I would suggest people play as early as they can to increase social distancing.  While our plan will keep all safe, social distance will be greatest and traffic lowest in those first 3 times.  Team leads, please let me know how you wish to communicate with other team leads (email, call, text)

Costs.  Costs will still be $7 per week, and we will not charge the $5 session fee.  With only 4 matches per night this means a smaller prize fund.

Team Rosters.  We are sufficient to allow all teams to field four players, but some of the teams could use a few additional players.  When we are able to relax the mask restrictions, there are several additional players ready to return.  This list is subject to change and Here’s where we are:

Team	Team	Play
ID	Name	Yes	No	?
1	Cue Therapy	5	2	1	Karle	Chuck	Kelly 	Glenn	Bata
2	The Moe Szyslak Experience	2	5	2	Tami	Katie	Dennis	Dennis Friend
3	Bass Ackward	4	3	0	Dean	Dave	Don	Jill	Fred	Chris
4	Nice Rack	3	7	0	Chuck	Glenn	Ben	Dave	Dave Friend
5	Nice Game, 7 Bucks	4	1	3	Bob	Shane 	Frank 	Missy
6	X-CUE-SES	5	4	0	Ron	George	Tim	Pat	Richard
7	No Sweat	6	3	1	Rick	Mike	Muhsin	Steve	Scott
8	Holdin' Our Own	4	6	0	Randy	Josh	Tone	Cat	Henry	Dave

Team 1 - Team lead is Karle.  They can get by as is, but another player would not hurt.
Team 2 - Team lead is Tami.  Dennis from Team 7 and his friend will join with Tami and Katie.  All 4 can play regularly, but a 4th would be helpful.
Team 3 - Team lead is Dean.  Adding Chris Johnson.  This should make them no problem for 4 matches.
Team 4 - Team lead is Chuck Swarts.  Dave’s friend has not confirmed, but the other 4 are regular.
Team 5 - Team lead is Bob.  All for can play regularly.  Need an extra player as a back up?
Team 6 - Team lead is Jason?  5 players who can play regularly.
Team 7 - Team lead is Rick.  5 players who can play regularly.
Team 8 - Team lead is Randy.  New players Randy’s son Dave and Henry.  Should be able to field 4.

So if anything doesn’t look quite right, let me know.   There may be last minute changes to the rosters, but hopefully this will be close. Please note there are a few teams that could use one more player (teams 1,2 and maybe 5.)  If you might be comfortable playing occasionally let me know.

Updated race table.   Since we’re only playing 4 matches, we should have plenty of time to play longer.  I slightly increased the number of games, so most matches will probably involve one or two more games.  Here is the new table and the old one for comparison.

Proposed Long
Handicap Table
Higher HC	Difference	Matchup	Higher HC	Difference	Matchup
< 10	0	-	3	2	:	2	10-39	0	-	10	3	:	3
4	-	6	2	:	1	11	-	29	3	:	2
7	-	9	3	:	1	30	-	39	3	:	1
40-69	0	-	12	3	:	3	100-up	0	-	9	6	:	6
13	-	30	4	:	3	10	-	19	6	:	5
31	-	60	4	:	2	20	-	29	6	:	4
61	-	69	4	:	1	30	-	39	7	:	3
70-99	0	-	10	4	:	4	40	-	49	8	:	3
11	-	23	4	:	3	50	-	65	9	:	3
24	-	37	5	:	3	66	-	80	8	:	2
38	-	55	5	:	2	81	-	95	9	:	2
56	-	75	6	:	2	96	-	110	8	:	1
76	-	89	5	:	1	111	-	124	9	:	1
90	-	99	6	:	1	125	-	up	10	:	1

Current
Handicap Table
Higher HC	Difference	Matchup	Higher HC	Difference	Matchup
< 10	0	-	19	2	:	2	10-39	0	-	10	2	:	2
20	-	up	2	:	1	11	-	29	3	:	2
 	 	 	 	 	 	30	-	up	3	:	1
40-69	0	-	10	3	:	3	100-up	0	-	5	5	:	5
11	-	26	3	:	2	6	-	14	5	:	4
27	-	53	4	:	2	15	-	21	6	:	4
54	-	up	4	:	1	22	-	28	5	:	3
70-99	0	-	6	4	:	4	29	-	36	6	:	3
7	-	18	4	:	3	37	-	46	7	:	3
19	-	29	5	:	3	47	-	56	6	:	2
30	-	39	4	:	2	57	-	62	7	:	2
40	-	48	5	:	2	63	-	82	8	:	2
49	-	68	6	:	2	83	-	101	7	:	1
69	-	88	5	:	1	102	-	106	8	:	1
89	-	up	6	:	1	107	-	up	9	:	1

Scheduled Matches (subject to change).

Week	Date	Table 1	Table 2	Table 3	Table 4
Number
1	3-Nov-20	1	-	6	3	-	4	2	-	7	5	-	8
2	10-Nov-20	4	-	8	5	-	6	1	-	2	3	-	7
3	17-Nov-20	2	-	3	6	-	8	4	-	7	1	-	5