[POOL] Argonne Pool League - Week 6

Bass, Dean Allen bass at anl.gov
Wed Feb 12 12:55:34 CST 2020

Attached are the results, stats, and next week’s scoresheet.

New player.   Bob Blackburn has joined team #3 “Bass Ackward”.  Please welcome him when you see him.

Pool Class.  Dean and Ron will be again teaching a beginning/intermediate and an intermediate/advanced pool class starting March 1.   The beginning/intermediate will be Sunday from 3 to 5 pm and an intermediate/advanced is from noon to 2pm.  The last class is March 29 (5 weeks).   Right now we have 3 signed up for the advanced and 2 for the beginning.  We need more students to have the class.  We recommend the beginning/intermediate for handicaps < 20.  The intermediate/advanced would be recommended for those with handicaps > 60.  Those in between could benefit from either class and you might consider the beginning class if you’ve never taken it before or for a focus on fundamentals.  If you’ve taken the classes before, you might consider the advanced class.  It’s structured similar to the beginning class with much more emphasis on english, position play and strategy. Argonne Pool League members will receive $25 off.  Make sure and sign up with Dean.

Team    Team Name       Total Wins      Ranking
8       Holdin' Our Own 21      1
5       Nice Game, 7 Bucks      19      2
3       Bass Ackward    16      3
1       Cue Therapy     15      4
6       X-CUE-SES       13      5
7       No Sweat        13      5
2       The Moe Szyslak Experience      12      7
4       Nice Rack       10      8