[POOL] Scorecard

John Valdes j-valdes at comcast.net
Wed Jan 8 01:11:28 CST 2020

On Tue, Jan 07, 2020 at 09:32:03PM -0600, Tami Martin wrote:
> I think Craig is going to win every match with his -100 handicap.

Could have used that win tonight...

We played Nice Game, 7 Bucks to open the Winter session, and we pretty
much picked up from where we left off last session.

Martino started us off against Gaylen in a 2:2.  They traded wins, but
Gaylen won the 3rd to beat Martino 1:2.

Derek went next against Missy in another 2:2.  Derek took the first
game, but Missy came back taking the next two, handing Derek a loss,
1:2.

Tami played the 3rd match against Xu Han in a 2:6.  Xu Han is a new
player and shoots well.  He took the first 4 games, but Tami kept
fighting and took the 5th game.  Tami kept it close, getting to the 8
again in a subsequent game, but Xu Han ultimately prevailed, besting
Tami 1:6.

Paul L played next against Dave in a 2:4.  Paul took the opener to
quickly get to the hill.  Good shooting and defense kept Paul in each
subsequent game, but Dave countered with his own good defense and
shooting.  Unfortunately, Paul wasn't able to sink the 8 before Dave
in the remaining games and went down, 1:4.

Paul H closed out the night against Shane in a 2:4.  Paul had some
opportunities throughout the match, but his aim was a little off
unfortunately when he needed it most.  He lost to Shane, 0:4.

So an 0-5 start to the session.

As far as our winnings from Fall, we earned $52 (well, $50 plus $2 we
apparently overpaid); that will be enough to cover everyone's session
dues (9 players x $5 = $45) plus the $7 match fee for the 1st player
who wins his match.  8th place doesn't go as far as it used to...so
plan on bringing $7 with you on the nights you play this session.