[POOL] Final Results

John Valdes j-valdes at comcast.net
Fri Dec 20 14:30:56 CST 2019

We played Holdin' Our Own last Tue in a battle to not finish last in
the league.  Unfortunately, Holdin' took 4 of the 5 matches, so we
unambiguously finished in 8th place for the Fall session.

All was not bad though; our lone win was by Cari, who beat Matthew in
the first game of the first match (a 1:3) to get her first win in the
League!  It came when Matthew scratched on the 8, but if Cari hadn't
left the cueball were she did before he shot on the 8, he wouldn't
have scratched, so a win is a win. :) Congrats Cari, your first win of
many more come!

The rest of the matches were:

Tami vs Randy in a 2:3, Tami losing 0:3.

Craig vs Jenny in a 1:4, Craig losing 0:4.

Paul L vs Jim in a 3:1, Paul losing 2:1.

Paul H vs Brandon in a 2:2, Paul losing 1:2.

Despite our last place finish, we all played reasonably well, and more
importantly, we all had fun.  Paul L gets a mention as "team MVP",
winning 7 of the 12 matches he played, a personal best, if I'm not
mistaken.  Martino did well too, winning 5 of 8, and John wasn't too
bad either, winning 6 of 9.

Hope everyone enjoys the holiday break, and see you all in Jan for the
next session of pool!