[POOL] Argonne Pool League Week 13 Results - 1 Week left

Bass, Dean Allen bass at anl.gov
Wed Dec 11 11:47:47 CST 2019

Attached are the results for week 13.

Standings.  Well with one week left Team #1 “Cue Therapy” is still in first place, but they haven’t cinched it yet.  The only team that can catch them is Team #5 “Nice Game, 7 Bucks”.  The MVP race is over and John Derby has won.  Congratulations to John.   He won handily last night, but over the weeks, his game has improved and he has had many close matches.   Runner up gets included in the Argonne Pool League Hall of Fame and there is a huge battle for that spot.  This includes Dave Stevens, Karle Blahut, Shane Renfro, Rick Moore and Kevin Felker.  Good luck in that coveted race for “Honorable Mention”.

Holiday Party.   Next week I encourage people to bring goodies to share with everyone for our annual Christmas Party.  Encourage your whole team to attend and socialize and root on the matches being played.

Winter/Spring Session.  The winter spring session begins Tuesday January 7, 2020.  I will be handing out the payouts from the fall session at that time.

New Players.   I’d like to get a feeling if any teams will need new players for the Winter/Spring session.  A new player, Xu Han is going to be joining the league on Team #5, “Nice Game, 7 Bucks”.   He indicated he may have others he works with who are interested in joining.  Let us know in your team would like additional players.

Proposed change to handicap tables.  The vote among the captains is very close with several still trying to decide.  In all cases it seemed like people would be fine either way and the change is small.  Where it stands now is that Gene Schafer will be looking at data to look at winning percentages for various handicaps and differentials.

Shout outs.  There was a lot of good pool matches last night.  Team #3, “Bass Ackwards” was on fire and all team member were playing well.  Don Peterson was their only loss and he played well, but just couldn’t out run an on-fire Pat Mooney.  Another great match was between Kevin Felker and Tone Nguyen.  For Kevin it was a 7 - 1 match against a very tough player.  He broke and ran the first two tables but Tone hung in there and shot well in spite of all that fire power, winning the 5th game.  Check it all out on Periscope.

Team    Team Name       Total Wins      Ranking
1       Cue Therapy     42      1
5       Nice Game, 7 Bucks      38      2
3       Bass Ackward    35      3
6       X-CUE-SES       34      4
7       No Sweat        31      5
4       Nice Rack       29      6
8       Holdin' Our Own 26      7
2       The Moe Szyslak Experience      25      8