[POOL] Results

John Valdes j-valdes at comcast.net
Wed Dec 11 01:09:17 CST 2019

We played Nice Rack tonight.  Short summary of the results:

Cari opened against Melanie in a 2:2 but was shutout, 0:2.

Craig played next against Gene in another 2:2.  This time Craig did
the shutting out, taking out Gene 2:0.

Tami played Mike in the third match, also a 2:2.  They traded wins in
the first 2 games, with Tami making a triple combo, but Mike took the
hill game and the match, beating Tami 1:2.

In the 4th match, Paul L played Glenn in a 2:3.  Paul took the first
game with good shooting but Glenn rallied back to take the next 2
games, taking the match to the hill.  The final game was close, but
Paul came out on tap, winning the game and match, 2:2.

The final match was me (John) against Amanda in a 4:2.  The first 2
games should have been Amanda's, but in the first her 8-ball bank shot
took an extra bank into the wrong pocket, and in the 2nd she gave me
ball in hand when I was on the 8, giving me an early 2:0 lead.  The
next game I shot well to get to the hill, but Amanda shot well in the
4th game which she won to get to the hill as well.  In the final game,
we were both missing shots we should have been making, but ultimately
I prevailed, winning the game and match, 4:1.

While we didn't end up sweeping Nice Rack, we took 3 which will help
close the gap against next week's opponent.