[POOL] Argonne Pool League - Week 7

Bass, Dean Allen bass at anl.gov
Wed Oct 30 20:08:44 CDT 2019

Attached are the results and stats for week 7.  Please review for accuracy.  I’ve also attached next week’s scoresheets, which will be in your folders.  Please note, next week I will not be here.  Please see Jason for any questions or issues.

Standings.  Well we half way through the Fall 2019 session and there are some good battles brewing in the MVP race.  John Derby and Rick Moore are tied for first place.  In the team race Cue Therapy has a 3 match lead.

Pool Class.   Last chance to sign up for the pool classes that Dean and Ron are teaching beginning this Saturday Nov 2.  The classes are small so there will be a lot of individual attention and 1 on 1 time.   We recommend the beginning/intermediate for handicaps < 20.  The intermediate/advanced would be recommended for those with handicaps > 60.  Those in between could benefit from either class and you might consider the beginning class if you’ve never taken it before.  If you’ve taken the classes before, you might consider the advanced class.  It’s structured similar to the beginning class with much more emphasis on english, position play and strategy. Argonne Pool League members will receive $25 off.  Email Dean right away if you wish to join.

The Illinois Billiards Club in conjunction with the Argonne Billiards Club and several park districts will be offering Beginning/Intermediate and Intermediate/Advanced Pool Classes.  These classes will be held starting Saturday, November 2 for 5 sessions beginning at 11am to 1pm and 2 pm to 4 pm respectively.  They are taught by Drs. Dean Bass and Ron Shepard.

Periscope.  We had periscope running on most tables and it can be a good tool to review your play or point out suggestion for improvement to your fellow players.  You can watch matches live on the Periscope app or at Periscope.tv<http://periscope.tv/>.  Search for LeaguePool, or the Argonne pool league.  A direct link is on our web site. blogs.anl.gov/billiards<http://blogs.anl.gov/billiards>

Team    Team Name       Total Wins      Ranking
1       Cue Therapy     23      1
6       X-CUE-SES       20      2
5       Nice Game, 7 Bucks      19      3
7       No Sweat        18      4
3       Bass Ackward    17      5
8       Holdin' Our Own 15      6
4       Nice Rack       14      7
2       The Moe Szyslak Experience      13      8