[POOL] Argonne Pool League - Week #5

Bass, Dean Allen bass at anl.gov
Wed Oct 16 14:56:24 CDT 2019

Attached are the results and stats from last nights matches.  Please review for accuracy.  I have also attached next week score sheets that you will find in your envelopes.

New Players.  We had 2 new players join the past 3 week.  Scott Gager and Dennis Hottman joined Team 7, “No Sweat”.  Please welcome them when you see them.

Periscope.  We had periscope running on most tables and it can be a good tool to review your play or point out suggestion for improvement to your fellow players.  You can watch matches live on the Periscope app or at Periscope.tv<http://Periscope.tv>.  Search for LeaguePool, or the Argonne pool league.  A direct link is on our web site. blogs.anl.gov/billiards<http://blogs.anl.gov/billiards>

Pool Class.   Dean and Ron are teaching their pool class beginning Saturday Nov 2.  We recommend the beginning/intermediate for handicaps < 20.  The intermediate/advanced would be recommended for those with handicaps > 60.  Those in between could benefit from either class and you might consider the beginning class if you’ve never taken it before.  If you’ve taken the classes before, you might consider the advanced class.  It’s structured similar to the beginning class with much more emphasis on english, position play and strategy. Argonne Pool League members will receive $25 off each class.  Please sign up with Dean.

The Illinois Billiards Club in conjunction with the Argonne Billiards Club and several park districts will be offering Beginning/Intermediate and Intermediate/Advanced Pool Classes.  These classes will be held starting Saturday, November 2 for 5 sessions beginning at 11am to 1pm and 2 pm to 4 pm respectively.  They are taught by Drs. Dean Bass and Ron Shepard.  The cost of the classes are $125 and $150 respectively.

Team    Team Name       Total Wins      Ranking
1       Cue Therapy     16      1
5       Nice Game, 7 Bucks      16      1
6       X-CUE-SES       14      3
3       Bass Ackward    13      4
7       No Sweat        12      5
8       Holdin' Our Own 11      6
4       Nice Rack       10      7
2       The Moe Szyslak Experience      8       8