[POOL] Week 1 Results

John Valdes j-valdes at comcast.net
Wed Sep 18 01:00:46 CDT 2019

Good turnout for the first week of pool!

We played X-Cue-Ses.  We were all a bit rusty and unfortunately
weren't able to get a match win against them.  We were making shots,
just not when we needed them.

Craig marked his return to Team Moe by starting us off against George
in a 2:4.  Craig kept it close, but George shut him out 0:4.

Tami played next, against Pat, in a 1:7.  Tami nearly cleared the
table in a couple of games, but Pat was playing as Pat plays and took
the match, 0:7.

Martino played the third match against Tim, 2:4.  Tim took the first 3
games when Martino made a comeback to win the 4th game.
Unfortunately, Tim didn't give Martino much to shoot at in the final
game and won the game and match, 1:4.

Paul L went up next against Richard in another 2:4.  Like the previous
match, Paul went down 0:3 then rallied to win the 4th game, taking the
match to hill-hill.  He wasn't able to seal the deal in the final
game, alas, and went down 1:4.

In the final match, Derek played Jeff in a 2:2.  The match was pretty
evenly fought, but in the end Jeff prevailed, winning both games and
the match, 0:2.

So we went 0 and 5 on the night.  Still a lot more matches in the
season, so lots of opportunity to make that up.

In League news, no major changes.  Only change is that player
handicaps will no longer go negative; once you reach zero, your
handicap won't decrease any further.