[POOL] APL - Playoff Week #2 - End of Season Next week

Bass, Dean Allen bass at anl.gov
Wed May 1 15:18:12 CDT 2019

Attached are the results please review for accuracy.  This week there were several close matches.  2 went to 4 matches and 2 went to the final and deciding match.

Periscope - Several good matches on Periscope this week.  Check them out.  Periscope.tv<http://Periscope.tv>, search for @leaguepool.

Food and prizes next week.  We will be having pizza and wings brought out in 3 shifts.

6:30pm
1 Cheese; 1 Veggie; 1 Hawaiian;  1 Pepperoni;  1 Sausage; 12 wings
7:30pm
1 Cheese; 1 Veggie; 1 Buffalo Chicken and Bacon; 1 Pepperoni;  1 Sausage; 12 wings
9pm
1 Cheese; 1 Veggie; 1 Hawaiian;  1 Pepperoni;  1 Sausage; 12 wings

There will be a sheet cake.  Please encourage everyone to attend even if your not playing.

Collection for servers.  I know most of you are good about tipping our food and drink servers.  To keep costs down, the Q has not been charging any service charge for our banquet.  Next week at about 8pm, I will come around for a collection for the food service for our last night and as a general appreciation for the people who have taken care of us through the year.

Practice Table -  As you know, Q has agreed to let us use the 2 end 7’ tables for practice.  A few weeks back, I spoke with the operator of the APA league playing at the same time we are.  And he said he needed those tables.  After discussion with him, it seems he needed them for his league to practice, or occasionally play matches that fall behind (later at night).  I said that we would work with them when they get in a pinch.  Please be aware that the 7’ table closest to ours is for our league tables is to practice on or play makeup matches.  The other can be too, but more on a sharing basis.  If problems occur, see me and we can work it out.