[POOL] Argonne Pool League stacks up

Bass, Dean Allen bass at anl.gov
Fri Dec 21 12:09:26 CST 2018

Hi All,  I thought you’d be interested in how the Argonne Pool League’s top players stack up against some of the best in the area in a non-handicap straight pool league.  Attached is a near end of the year summary.   I think we measure up well and in a league which has 30+ very good players the Argonne Pool League is well represented (Dean, Kevin and Ron).   Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Begin forwarded message:

From: Rich Klein <rich.klein at att.net<mailto:rich.klein at att.net>>
Subject: Red Shoes Wed Week 33

Here is the updated contender board.

Dan Hayes 28-1 (Felker, Karabatsos, Shepard)
Ike Runnels 23-1 (Shepard, Felker, Rawski, Stark, Latimer, Deane, Karabatsos, Bass)
Tom Karabatsos 27-2 (Iwai, Hayes, Runnels)
Dean Bass 25-3 (Iwai, Klinker, Stark, Runnels)
Ron Shepard 24-3 (Runnels, Bacus, Antle, Moran, Hayes)
Kevin Felker 23-4 (Hayes, Runnels, Wheeler, Sifuentez, Antle)
John Rawski 22-4 (Runnels, Iwai, Wheeler, L.Keller, Antle, Deane)
Rick Coleman 26-6, done)

Non-contenders MUST play all contenders - here are how many contender games non-contenders have to play:

Iwai (3 contender games)
Antle (3)
Stark (2)
Wheeler (2)
Deane (2)
Latimer (1)
Klinker (1)
Bacus (1)
Moran (1)
L. Keller (1)
Sifuentez (1)

This past week we had a super game between two contenders.  Ike Runnels ran a 62 and beat Dan Hayes 125-95.  Dan ran 49 in the same game.

John Rawski ran 57 in his game against Bob Stark and takes over 3rd place in our high run contest.  Ahead of him are Ike (62) and TomK (61).

We have just finished the final week in the schedule, and only two upstanding league citizens have finished all their games.  Being the second through the gate Rick Coleman earns our gratitude but misses out on the fantastic “first through the gate” prize awarded from my own pocket.  Please do your best to get through the gate yourselves - the more games that are played, the better the prizes for our top players and the greater the income to Red Shoes.

The final date for games is January 13 but please don’t put off playing your games.

Tournament News:  We had 24 participants in Saturday’s handicapped tournament.  John Rawski took first place and won $400, and he also won the $50 high run prize with a terrific run of 61.  Tom Blazer came in 2nd and won $200.  Chris Medvid and Bill Winters split 3rd-4th place and won $90 each.

Please check the scoresheet and let me know of any problems.

Rich
630-564-0111