[POOL] APL - Week 9

Bass, Dean Allen bass at anl.gov
Wed Nov 15 11:17:16 CST 2017

Attached are the results, stats, standings and schedule.    Please review for accuracy.

Team/Individual Standings - Team 1 was off their game last night and they still went 3 and 2.  They have opened up quite a lead.  Bata is now alone at the top of the MVP race.  He’s playing great and I don’t want a put a target on anyone’s back, but we should all definitely try to beat Bata ;)  I also watched a great match between two of the league’s top players - Bob Daun and Victor Dairo.  Victor won the deciding game with a couple of great shots to get out.  This puts him in 2nd place in the MVP hunt, so we should probably try to beat him too.  Just a reminder, the first place team and MVP get a bar tab from Q and a spot in the APL Hall of Fame on our website.  Check it out for past winners.  https://blogs.anl.gov/billiards/

Periscope - Viewership on Periscope is down a little bit, but still enough to make the broadcasts worthwhile.   I had heard that some were having trouble viewing the broad casts, let me know if you have thoughts or ideas to improve this.

Pool Class - The pool class is starting November 18th at the Illinois Billiards Club.  Attached is the syllabus.  There are just a few spots left.  Please let me know if your interested.

Holiday Schedule - Next week is Thanksgiving and we will be playing.  Our final week of the session is December 19.  We will start the next session January 2, 2018.  This corresponds to when the lab opens as well.  This will make the last week April 24th unless there are weather cancellations.

Week	Date	Table 1	Table 2	Table 3	Table 4
Number

10	21-Nov-17	5	-	7	3	-	6	1	-	8	2	-	4

Team	Team Name	Total Wins	Ranking
1	Cue Therapy	30	1