[POOL] Game On!

John Valdes j-valdes at comcast.net
Wed Oct 18 23:27:20 CDT 2017

The handicap differential was so high that all I had to do was win the
lag, which I did! ;)  Actually, it was a 1:8 match-up.  Ron made the
mistake of sinking all his balls when I still had 5 or 6 of mine on
the table and wasn't able to get a good shot on the 8.  I missed my
subsequent shot, but by luck left the cueball with just a sliver of a
line visible for a cut on the 8.  Ron being as good as he is went for
the cut instead of an "easier" kick shot off the nearby rail, but hit
my blocking ball instead, giving up a rare ball-in-hand.  Even more
rarely, I put the ball-in-hand to good use by running the rest of my
balls (it was nice of Ron to have cleared the table of all his balls
which made the task much easier) and the 8 to win the game and match,
1:0! :)

Tami took her 2:4 match against Gaylen to the hill, winning 2:3, and
Martino traded wins with Jason in a 2:2 match, winning 2:1.

3 quality team wins to break us out of our 2 of 5 rut on the winning
side!

John