[POOL] Argonne Pool League - Week 1

Bass, Dean Allen bass at anl.gov
Wed Sep 20 11:07:38 CDT 2017

Week 1 is now complete.  Great to see everyone again.  I’ve attached the results from last night, individual stats and the schedule for next week.  Please review the results for accuracy.  You can also find this information and much more on our website:  http://blogs.anl.gov/billiards/

New players - We will be having several new players join over these first few weeks.  Last night, we had Tami Martin and Joe Keslin join team 2, “The Moe Szyslak Experience”, and Paul Velesko joined team 1 “Cue Therapy”.  When you see them, please welcome them to our league.  We may also still have an unfilled opening, so if you know someone who might like to play, please let me know.

Captains meeting - We had a captains meeting last night and following issues were raised or addressed:

	Jump shots - It came up last year wether jump shots should be made legal for our league.  We decided they should remain illegal.
	Handicap race table for those < 10 - There was concern about the 2 - 1 matches for differences greater than 20.  This was originally instituted to speed up play (we had some 2 hour 2-2 matches of the lower handicap players).  It was proposed that we raise this difference to 30.  Please discuss your preferences with your captains.
	Order of play when team declines table 5 - The order of play when a team declines their turn has been handled somewhat arbitrarily by myself or Dave.  The general guidelines we have been using is that teams have time slots and if they cannot make them it goes to the next table.  We try to go in order and preserve the original time slots as much as possible.  I will be trying to formulate more detailed guidelines so in the mean time, Dave and I will continue to arbitrate this, but so far, there really have been no serious issues and we should try to accommodate each other as much as possible for continued success.

Week	Date	Table 1	Table 2	Table 3	Table 4
Number

2	26-Sep-17	6	-	8	4	-	7	1	-	5	2	-	3