[POOL] APL - Final Results - Summer Play - See you next fall

Bass, Dean Allen bass at anl.gov
Wed Apr 26 10:25:32 CDT 2017

First let me start with some bad news.  Fred Gutierrez, from team “Cue Therapy” is at Christ hospital in very serious condition.  I really don’t know any more than that, but please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

The spring session is now complete, congratulations to “Bass Ackward” for winning the playoffs.  There were numerous close matches and I’ve attached results, the final playoff bracket, and an updated hall of fame report.  The food seemed to be a hit and Q-Billiards did a great job with the food and everything.  I’ve also attached a picture of our cake if you didn’t see it.  It was yummy.  Q-Billiards also thanked us for their business, I think we’ve all been happy with our relationship.

Summer Play - We are going to plan a monthly “Argonne Night” where we will get together and have a tournament/clinic/practice.  They will be the last Tuesday of each month; May 30, June 27, July 25, and August 29.  I’ll send out more details in mid May.  All individuals on the waiting list and friends or family will be welcome.  I also understand that several Argonne players continue to play every Tuesday throughout the summer, so show up their on any Tuesday night and your likely to see fellow league players.

Rules Clarification - Jump shots are not allowed in our league.  The BCA rules we present in our rules define jump shots, but in another spot, we have specifically prohibited them.  I anticipate a captains meeting at the first week of the fall session and we can discuss that then should we wish to change it.

The Fall Session will begin on Sept. 19 for 14 weeks; ending Dec. 19.  I’ll send out an email in late August.  We have 4 players on a waiting list that I would like to put on teams.  I hope everyone has a great summer and I’ll see you at the monthly “Argonne Nights”.