[POOL] new session starts today

John Valdes j-valdes at comcast.net
Tue Jan 3 14:02:03 CST 2017

That was a short break...

The Winter/Spring session starts today!  Like Oprah giving away cars,
we were very generous giving away matches to our opponents last
session; in the last 4 weeks, we awarded our opponents a combined 18
(out of a possible 20) match wins.  While our generosity is admirable,
let's try to be a little more selfish this session. :)

On the plus side, Martino and Tami played well last session.  Martino
won 7 of 12 matches and was in the top spot for player performance for
much of the session, ending in 5th place.  Tami had a nearly
undefeated record of 5 of 7.  Great job Martino and Tami!  The rest of
us could do better (I'm looking at you, John V ;) ).  At least none of
us went winless, all of us winning at least 1 match.

For our 8th place finish last session, we won $50.  That won't pay for
many matches, so we'll use it for our session fees ($5 per player for
the session).  Please bring $7 to cover your match fee for any night
you play this session.

Tami said she'll be sitting out most of this session, so since we've
been light on players some nights last session, 2 new players on the
league waiting list will be joining us this session: Greg Cunningham
and Derek McLain, both from Argonne (Greg is with Media Relations, and
Derek's a postdoc in NE).

Hope to see you all at Q this winter.  And let's hope for a
not-in-last place finish this session! :)