[POOL] Pool Next Week and Tomorrow

John Valdes j-valdes at comcast.net
Tue Sep 8 10:27:39 CDT 2015

Hi Moe,

Pool season is almost here! The first night of the season is next Tue, one week from today. All our regulars will be returning, and Eric Ross will be rejoining the team after a couple year's hiatus. There are no changes to the rules and fees from last year, at least none that I've heard of so far.

A couple of items of Team business:

* I can carry on as Captain again this year, unless someone else wants the job. If you're interested in being captain (or don't want me as captain ;) ) email the list. As mentioned previously, I likely won't be arriving most nights til after 7:30, but I don't expect that to be an issue. Also, as luck would have it, I'll be out of town next week, so I'll miss our opening night.

* As in previous years, we'll use our winnings from last session to pay for this session's dues and match fees. We have enough to get us about half way through the fall.

* If you know of anyone interested in joining the team, we could probably use 1 or 2 more players to fill in when our "regulars" aren't available.

Finally, anyone interested in playing tomorrow (Wed) at Q? The way it worked out last time, a (small) league was playing on the 9' tables til about 9pm. We played on a 7' initially and then moved to a 9' once one freed up. If you're up for a preseason warmup tomorrow, email the list.