[POOL] Final Results

John Valdes j-valdes at comcast.net
Thu Apr 30 19:23:17 CDT 2015

In our final night of pool, we faced Get More with Les in the face-off
to determine 7th and 8th place in the playoffs.  Unfortunately, it
wasn't our night, and they gave Moe less, shutting us out, 0-3.  I
missed all the matches (except for Roger's last game), but the results
were:

• Paul played Les in a 2:4 and lost 1:4 in a 1⅓ hour battle.
• Tami played Glenn in a 1:4 and went down 0:4.
• Roger played Bob in a 2:6 and lost 1:6 in another long battle.

The final playoff standings for all the teams were:

  Place  Team
  -----  ----
   1st   Nice Rack
   2nd   Bass Ackward
   3rd   X-Cue-Ses
   4th   Retarded Monkeys
   5th   Nice Game, 7 Bucks
   6th   Holdin' Our Own
   7th   Get More with Less
   8th   The Moe Szyslak Experience

(the observant might notice a strong correlation between team name
length/syllable count and place...)

Our winnings for our 3rd place finish for the Winter/Spring session
were $300, and we received an additional $40 for our 8th place finish
in the playoffs.  We can carry our winnings over to the next (Fall)
session as we've traditionally done--it should last us about 8-9
weeks, including session dues--or we could spend it all on a group
dinner, or we could pay it out individually, weighed somehow.  Email
your preference to the list.  If there's no preference or consensus,
we can carry the winning over to the fall.

Despite our finish in the playoffs, we had a good season, finishing
3rd in both Fall and Winter sessions.  Everyone showed improvement in
their play, and we all had fun (I hope!).

Hope to see you all back for more pool next fall!