[POOL] Playoff Week 2 Results

John Valdes j-valdes at comcast.net
Wed Apr 22 01:54:34 CDT 2015

Quick summary of tonight's results.  We played Retarded Monkeys.

Paul opened the night against Stan in a 3:2.  Paul got off to a slow
start in the first game, not sinking many balls and lost to Stan.  He
rallied in the second for a win, but the third was an even game which
unfortunately went Stan's way.  Paul lost 1:2

Martino went next against Andy in a 2:3.  Martino shot well, making
tough shots and putting together some extended runs.  He won the first
game then the second to shutout Andy, 2:0, and take the match.

Roger played Scott P in a 2:2 for the 3rd match.  The two were pretty
evenly matched, with much back and forth during the games.  They could
have gone either way, but unfortunately Roger came out on the short
end, losing the first two games and the match to Scott, 0:2.

I played next against Tim in a 4:1.  I shot well enough, but as in
previous weeks, struggled to put significant runs together.
Nonetheless, I managed to win games 1 and 2.  I had a good run setup
in game 3, but got stalled when my shot on a side pocket caught the
tip of the rail.  Tim managed to run a few balls in too, and
unfortunately got to the 8 and sank it before me, taking me down 2:1.

With my disappointing loss, Retarded Monkeys got their 3rd win, and so
they won the night.  Az was on hand for the 5th match, but
unfortunately he didn't get a chance to play.

Ah well... next week is our last week when we play the loser of the
match between X-Cue-Ses and Get More with Les to determine 7th or 8th
place.  They were in their 5th match when I left Q, with Ron playing
for X-Cue-Ses.  There will be pizza and maybe other food provided by
the league.