[POOL] New players and last week's results

John Valdes valdes at anl.gov
Tue Jan 20 12:26:40 CST 2015

Welcome to Jack Schmidt from CIS and his wife Lisa (who works at FNAL)
who joined team Moe last week!  Jack tested at 10 while Lisa tested at
5; they should fit right in w/ the rest of us.

Last week we played Nice Game, 7 Bucks, Bob's team.  We won 2 and lost
3.  I wasn't able to make it in the end, so here's a summary courtesy
of Paul:

  Martino won before I got here.  The new folks were handicapped at 10
  and 5 and lost close fought matches.  Lisa was in a 4:2 against Jeff
  and won the second game but eventually lost 4-1.  Tami was in a 4:1
  against Danny and shot on the 8 at least once, to no avail.  She
  lost a tough match, 4-0.  I was playing at the same time in an 8:2
  against Frank.  I won the first game and got to the 8 first in the
  second game.  Unfortunately, the only reasonable shot was a bank
  shot, which I missed (don't you hate it when your opponent's balls
  clutter the table?).  In the 6th game, I made a nice run and got to
  shoot on the 8, sitting next to the corner pocket, with the cue
  almost against the rail at the opposite end of the table.  I missed.
  Bob had already marked the win and had to erase it.  Fortunately, in
  the 9th and final game, he gave me ball in hand after sinking his
  final ball and scratching.  I sank my two balls and made a cut shot
  on the 8 (to be honest, probably a tougher shot than the two I
  missed), to win the game and the match.  So, I got my money's worth,
  and won the match.  2-3 on the night, but a couple of the losses
  were close.