[POOL] Game called for 6PM

John Valdes valdes at anl.gov
Tue Nov 18 16:00:37 CST 2014

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 03:54:07PM -0600, John Valdes wrote:

> In other news, team and player stats are now available on the League
> blog, https://blogs.anl.gov/billiards/player-stats/ (as PDFs of the
> stats that are normally printed on the back of the scoresheet).

Oh, and also, Dean was wondering if there's any interested in an
individual 8- or 9-ball tournament:

  I'd like to gauge interest in an individual handicap 8 Ball or 9
  Ball tournament that would be played on open tables at the end of
  the night.  Depending on the number of players, I'd suggest a $10
  entry fee and a single elimination format.  We'd play 3 or 4 matches
  per night and try to complete the tournament in 8 to 10 weeks.
  Players would have to be available to play late, as that is when the
  tables are available.

This would compete for open tables at the end of the night, and given
that some of us typically like to stick around for open pool/practice
on the available tables, I'm assuming most/all of us would prefer that
the tables remain open rather than be used for an individual
tournament.  I could be mistaken, however, so if you'd like to play in
an individual tournament, let me and/or Dean know.