[POOL] Last Week's Results

John Valdes valdes at anl.gov
Tue Sep 23 17:13:02 CDT 2014

A quick report on last week's results:

We opened the season again Retarded Monkey's, as it seems we always
do...  Joining The Moe Szyzlak Experience were Ginny Doyle and Eric
Ross from LCF.  Ginny tested as a 5 but has some skills, while Eric
tested at 20 but has no skills (just kidding :) ).

Martino played first against new player Scott Poremba in 2:3 match.
Martino was dogged by a corner pocket that rejected most balls he sent
its way, but otherwise he shot well, winning the 1st game and the 4th
game to take the match, 2:2.

Ginny made her league debut in the second match against another new
player, Andy Borowski, in a 2:3 match.  After getting a feel for the
table in the first game, Ginny made some good shots, winning the 2nd
and 3rd games and her first match for Moe, 2:1.  Great job Ginny!

Tami went third against Dave Wiedmeyer in a 1:4.  Tami made quick work
of Dave, taking him down easily in the 1st game and winning the match
1:0.

Eric shot next against Scott Wiedmeyer in 2:4.  Eric hadn't picked up
a cue since last time he was in the league (~3-4 years ago) and was
understandably a little rusty.  He made shots but was dogged by the
same pocket as Martino and lost the first 3 games.  He made a good
comeback to take the 4th game, but then Scott when on a run to take
the 5th and the match, 1:4.

I played last against the remaining Wiedmeyer, Stan, in a 2:2.  I was
on, but my stroke was consistently off by 1/2° or so, leading to close
but missed shots.  I also forgot how quick the table was and kept
scratching.  That all combined resulting in me losing the 1st game
with too much ball-in-hand, me taking the 2nd, but then losing the 3rd
and thus the match, 1:2.

So we won 3, lost 2, a winning start to the season!