[POOL] Final Results

John Valdes valdes at anl.gov
Mon May 19 19:16:58 CDT 2014

To recap, we were playing X-Cue-Ses in the final week to determine 5th
and 6th place.  As reported previously:

> Tami played Bobby in a 1:5 in the first match and took him down 1:2!
>
> I played Jason in a 2:2 in the second match. I scratched on the 8 in the 1st game but sank the 8 in the 2nd and 3rd games w/o scratching to win the match.
>
> Martino is currently playing Gaylen in a 1:4.
[...]
> Martino was shooting on the 8 in the first game but missed. Currently in the
> hill game...
[...]
> And the winner is...

Gaylen. :(  Martino had Gaylen on the ropes a couple of times, but
Gaylen just wouldn't go down.  Martino lost his match 0:4.

Unfortunately, our remaining players were the Forfeit twins, and they
can't play pool at all, so we lost the 4th and 5th matches, and thus
claimed 6th place for the playoffs.  Considering that we tied for 5th
in the winter session, not a disappointing finish though.

Altogether, we won $245 for our efforts: $145 for our 5th place finish
for the winter session, and $100 for our 6th place finish in the
playoffs.  We'll need to decide what we want to do w/ our winnings
(eg, "reinvest" them next fall to pay for our match fees or spend them
on a night out, etc); more on that in separate email.

Good job overall, Moe.