[POOL] Results and more League changes

John Valdes valdes at anl.gov
Thu Jan 16 15:21:25 CST 2014

Craig asked:

> What if the team with a player available would have been in an X:1 matchup?

If that team had to win X, then the makeup match would be X-1:1.  If
that team had to only win 1, then the makeup match would be X+1:1.

> What if neither team had a player?

Undefined, but I assume no penalty will be assessed.

Also undefined: what if on a subsequent week, the team that didn't
have a player available originally now does, but the team that had a
player originally now doesn't, requiring that the match be postponed
another week; is another penalty assessed?  Don't know, but I would
say no.

Makeups due to one team not having a player are just an allowance made
by the team having the player; it's within the latter's rights to
claim a forfeit instead.  So if on subsequent weeks, they can't field
a player, I don't think they should be penalized; the match is simply
postponed further, or the team can claim a forfeit.