[POOL] Last Week's Results

John Valdes valdes at anl.gov
Wed Oct 16 01:47:49 CDT 2013

Sorry, I never sent out last week's results.  Here's the abridged
version:

We played Nice Rack, Melanie's team.

First up was Paul against Brian (O'Kelly) in a 2:2.  Paul had been out
of town and was still adjusting to Central Time and fast, cloth-
covered pool tables which led to a match loss, 0:2.

Tami went 2nd against Gene The Machine in a 3:2.  After trading wins,
Tami made some nice cuts and banks to win the 3rd and 4th games,
defeating Gene 3:1 for her first match win!

Martino played 3rd against Cheryl (Nelson) in another 2:2.  Both
struggled to make their shots, and unfortunately Cheryl happened to
make more than Martino, taking him down 0:2.

I played the last scheduled match of the night against Amanda (Kvapil)
in yet another 2:2.  Fortunately, my aim was with me, and I didn't let
it go to waste, winning the match 2:0.

In other play, Shri played 2 makeup matches.  First was against Steve
(Simonetta) of Les's team, a 4:3.  Steve was well warmed up from a
previous match and got the early jump on Shri, winning the first 2
games.  Shri rallied to win the next two, but unfortunately he lost
the next game, losing his third game and thus the match, 2:3.

In the 2nd makeup, Shri played Glenn (Keller) of Bass Ackward in a
5:2.  Technically, it should have been a 4:2 given the match Shri had
just lost, but no matter; Shri was in a rhythm by this point, and took
5 straight from Glenn despite Glenn's tough play.  Shri won his first
match of the league--hopefully the first of many--5:0.

With these two makeups and the other we played tonight, we're all
caught up.  Our results against the teams we've played so far are:

  vs Retarded Monkeys: 3 wins, 1 loss
  vs Get More with Les: 0, 4 (yuck!)
  vs Bass Ackward: 1, 3
  vs Nice Rack: 2, 2