[POOL] Game called for 6PM

John Valdes valdes at anl.gov
Tue Sep 17 13:48:57 CDT 2013

Paul Hovland wrote:
> As previously noted, I'm out for this week and probably at least the following three weeks.

OK; I remember you saying you'd be out most of Sep but didn't know if
there were exceptions.

> Good luck tonight...

Looks like it will just be me, and I'll have to finish by 6:45 since I
have my annual HOA meeting tonight at 7.  It will be a short night.
I'll forfeit the other 3 matches since it's unknown if or when they
can be made up.  With luck, maybe our opponent will be late, and I'll
exercise the "opponent forfeits the entire night" clause...

  A team match will result in a forfeit if the first match has not
  started by 6:15 pm. If a team shows up later, it is entirely up to
  the non-forfeiting team to: take all 5 points (for a night forfeit),
  or take 1 point (for a match forfeit due to tardiness), or to go
  ahead and play all 5 matches for the night.