[POOL] Memory lane

John Valdes valdes at anl.gov
Wed Sep 4 01:33:25 CDT 2013

On Tue, Sep 03, 2013 at 11:39:53PM -0500, Robert Jacob wrote:

> I thought I joined an existing team but here's the email Brian
> Toonen sent out to mcs at mcs dated 9/15/03:
[...]
> Frequent player's back then included Bill Allcock, Satish Balay, Ti
> and Amy, Mike Link, Brian Finley, Jennifer Schopf and Steve Benson.
>
> Roger joined the next year along with Phil Strons. Whatever happened
> to that guy?

Phil got married. ;)  He's actually still at the lab in NE; maybe he'd
be interested in rejoining the team...  I joined in '06, when regulars
were Craig, Ti, Roger, Phil, Bill Boettinger, Brian and myself, w/
Amy, Rob, and Aaron Magill showing up not infrequently.  In those
days, Moe usually rented a table (Q had plenty of 9fts back then), and
we'd get a pitcher of beer included in our nightly fee, so it wasn't
uncommon for more than 5 to show up and hang out even if not everyone
played.