[POOL] last week's results

John Valdes valdes at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 26 13:47:27 CDT 2013

We played Bob Daun's team last week, Nice Shot, 6 Bucks.

I played first and had to bail after my match, so I only know how I
did.  I played Jeff in a 3:3.  It was a very close match, with me
getting the early lead in most games but often not being able to close
out the game due to good defense on Jeff's part and/or bad shooting on
my part.  We traded wins to take the match to the hill, where we both
got to shoot on the 8.  I had a long but makable bank on the 8 for the
win; I sank the 8, but unfortunately in the wrong pocket.  I lost, 2:3.

Craig and Paul H were our other players, Craig vs Jim and Paul vs Bob
(I believe).  Bob's team only had 3 players, so the other matches were
deferred to this week (or whenever).