[POOL] last week's results

John Valdes valdes at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jan 28 20:44:28 CST 2013

Here are last Tue's results; sorry for the delay in reporting.  We
played Kevin's team, now affectionately called "Waiting for Vomit"
(don't ask me...).

I shot first against Fred in a 2:4.  I managed to get to the 8 first
in the first game, but didn't manage to sink it.  From that point, it
just got worse; I lost 0:4.

Paul H went next against Mark in a 2:8.  Paul was shooting OK, making
shots at times, not making shots and giving up ball-in-hand at
others.  Fortunately, Mark started to struggle as the match went on,
and after winning the first 5 games, he lost 2 of the next 3, giving
Paul the match, 2:6.

Rob played Kevin in a 2:6 for the 3rd match.  Rob was making some good
shots and took the 3rd game.  This unfortunately scared Kevin, as he
hunkered down and put the pressure on Rob, not giving him another
win.  Rob went down 1:6.

Adam played 4th in a 2:2 against Jenny.  Adam's aim was off a bit, as
he was playing with a straight house cue and not his trusty curved
cue.  That together with some good shooting by Jenny tranlated into a
lost, 0:2.

Az played the final match against Jim, a 3:2.  Az took care of
business, handling Jim w/o much trouble, winning 3:0.

In addition to the scheduled matches, we were also able to makeup the
two matches from the week before against Bob Daun's team:

Rob played Danny in a 1:5 for the 1st makeup.  Danny was shooting well
and didn't give Rob many opportunities to shoot.  Danny took the
match, 0:5.

Adam played Dick in the 2nd makeup, a 3:5.  Adam was able to get one
win, but was still struggling with his aim.  He went down 1:5.

Tomorrow we play Les's team.

In other news, we've already used up all our winnings for matches,
although we still have enough reserved to cover the winter league fees
for those who haven't played yet: Brian, Roger and Eric.