[POOL] Last night's results

John Valdes valdes at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jan 9 17:52:51 CST 2013

In the inaugural week of the winter session, we played Retarded
Monkeys.  In the end, only 3 players on their team showed up, so we
only played 3 matches:

Craig played Mike in a 1:7 for the first match.  Craig was keeping the
games close at the start, until Mike started warming up by the 3rd or
4th game.  Fortunately, Craig was still able to keep the pressure on,
making his shots when he needed to, 'til made his shot on the 8 in the
5th game to win the game and match, 1:4.

I went next against Tim in a 4:1.  Tim kept leaving my trapped behind
his balls, but nonetheless, I was able to win the first 2 games and
was about to win the 3rd when my shot on the 8 caught the tip of the
side pocket and left it hanging there, with the cue perfectly lined up
for an easy shot for Tim, which he made for the win, giving me 2:1
loss.

Paul R played the 3rd match against new player Zihan Wang (in the ES
division) in a 2:3.  Paul was a bit rustly and Zihan was making some
good shots, but he as also giving up a lot of ball-in-hand.  Paul was
able to capitalize to take game 2, and when Zihan sank the 8 in the
wrong pocket in game 3, Paul took the match, 2:1.

Az showed up for the 4th match, but Rich never did; nevertheless,
postponed that match and the 5th to a future date.

In other news: Q is no longer accepting credit cards for purchases for
whatever reason, so if you're planning to order something, make sure
you have enough cash on hand to cover the bill.  There is an ATM in Q,
FWIW.