[POOL] Last week's results

John Valdes valdes at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Dec 4 15:26:13 CST 2012

We played Kevin's team, The Intensity Frontier.

I played 1st against Mark in a 2:4.  I shot well, winning the first
game and getting to the 8 first in a couple more but was unable to do
the deed to win, so I lost the match, 1:4.

Paul H shot 2nd against Kevin in a 2:6.  Paul was shooting well too
(well enough), but likewise wasn't able to win a game when needed.
Paul went down, 1:6.

Rob went 3rd against Steven in a 2:4.  Steven was shooting very well
and didn't give Rob many opportunities, translating into a loss for
Rob, 1:4.

Roger went 4th against Jim in a 2:3.  Roger was our only hope for the
night, shutting out Jim, 2:0.

They didn't have a 5th, so that match is to be made up later
(hopefully today).

Paul H was able to play our makeup match against Melanie of Cue
Strokers, a 3:2.  Melanie apparently spent the night playing makeup
matches, as this was her third match of the night; unfortunately,
rather than being tired, she was warmed up and shooting well, and Paul
was unable to shut her out, going down 1:2.

Tonight, I believe we play X-Cue-Ses, Ron's team.