[POOL] Last week's results

John Valdes valdes at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Nov 27 14:24:49 CST 2012

Forgot to record last week's results, so from memory:

We played Cue Strokers, Melaine's team.

Brian played first against ?? in a 5:3 or so; Brian won his first 4
(or so) games but then ran out of steam and lost the match, 4:3.

Craig played next against Cheryl in a 2:2 (I'm assuming); Craig won.

I played next against Brian in a 3:3.  I shot OK to win the first 2
games, but then shot awfully for the rest of the match.  Luckily for
me, Brian's playing sank down to my level, so I managed to somehow
squeak out a win, 3:2.

Roger played 4th against Gene the Machine in a 3:2.  The Machine was
out of tune, and Roger won easily, 3:0.

They didn't have a 5th, so we need to play a makeup (unless we take a
forfeit from them ;) ).

We were able to play our final makeup against Retarded Monkeys.  I
played Ray in a 3:3 or so.  My awful play from my first match
unfortunately continued into the makeup match, and I only managed to
win 1 game, losing the match, 1:3.

This week (today), we play The Intensity Frontier, Kevin's team.