[POOL] Tue's Results

John Valdes valdes at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Oct 11 19:47:34 CDT 2012

Results from this past Tue.  We played Kevin's team, The Intensity
Frontier.

Brian went first against Fred in a 4:4.  This was Brian's first match
of the season, and it took him a couple of games to warm up, but once
warm, he took 4 straight, winning his match 4:2.

Craig went second against Kevin in a 2:6.  After trading wins, Craig
gave up 3 games before getting a 2nd win and the taking the match,
2:4.

I went third against Jenny in a 2:3.  I took the first game easily and
was on my way to taking the next, but then my aim started to waiver,
and I couldn't get it back on track.  I lost 1:3.

Paul H went fourth against Steven in a 2:4.  Paul was having a hard
time making his shots, although Steven didn't give him many easy
ones.  Ultimately, Paul was shutout, losing 0:4.

Paul R went fifth against Jim in a 2:3.  Paul was shakey at first, but
started to settle down as the match went on.  Unfortunately, despite a
good effort, he wasn't able to secure a win and lost his match, 0:3.

So we won 2, lost 3.  Next week we play Ron's team, X-Cue-Ses.