[POOL] Pool League venue change & availability

John Valdes valdes at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Aug 14 19:11:56 CDT 2012

Hi Moe,

Q is closing their Darien location--where we've been playing all these
years--apparently for remodeling or maybe even relocation(?).
According to their website, they won't be re-opening until later in
the fall, and word is that they'll be permanently removing the 9'
tables.  This means the Pool League will need a new place to play.
Nowhere official has been selected yet, but the most likely place
would be Q's location in Downers Grove on 63rd St (in the mall between
Woodward and Belmont, just east of I-355),
http://qsportsbarandgrill.com/downersgrove/ .  That location was
renovated a couple of years ago so that they can serve food and booze
and apparently will be the new home of the 9' tables being removed
from Q Darien (where it will join all the other 9' tables they already
have).

So the question to you is, if the Argonne League were to move to Q on
63rd, would you NOT be able/want to play there?

Relatedly, what is everyone's availability this fall?  I should be
around for the whole season, as far as I know.