[POOL] Results

John Valdes valdes at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 11 13:10:54 CDT 2012

A quick summary: we played Get More with Les, and they got less with
Moe! (Yes, I know I've used that joke before :) ).

Paul R played Fred first in a 1:5.  Fred was shooting on the 8 in the
4th game, when inexplicably he grazed one of Paul's strategically
placed balls with the cueball, sending it nowhere near the 8 and
straight into a corner pocket, giving Paul the win, 1:3.

Craig played Yaw in a 2:2.  Craig was shooting well, winning the 1st
game, and despite a comeback by Yaw to win the 2nd game, Craig took
care of business and beat Yaw easily in the hill game, taking the
match 2:1.

Brian T played Terri in a 3:5 for the 3rd match.  Terri started out
well while Brian took some time getting warmed up, but once warm (and
feed...), Brian strung together 3 wins in a row for a match win, 3:2.

So we swept Les's team 3:0 putting us in the winner's bracket for the
rest of the playoffs.  Great job!