[POOL] Rare / Barrel / Sour tasting, March 17

Craig Stacey stace at stace.com
Tue Mar 6 10:48:41 CST 2012

I'm pretty bummed I had to miss the Day of the Living Ales at Goose Island this past weekend, so we're going to make our own little beer festival.  Plus I think some of these things have been cellaring long enough (or possibly too long), and need to be enjoyed.

If you don't already have plans for St. Patrick's day (long shot, I'm sure), and want to engage in drinking quality rather than quantity, come over to our place on Saturday, March 17th.  We'll be starting at 5.

What we plan to have available for tasting (not entirely inclusive, since I haven't raided the cellar to take an accurate inventory):

Deschutes The Abyss ('09, '10, '11)
Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout ('07, '08, '09, '11 vertical, if I remember my inventory right)
Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Coffee Stout ('10, '11)
Old Rasputin 12th Anniversary
Founders KBS '09, '10, '11
Founders Canadian Breakfast Stout

FFF Dark Lord '09
Surly Darkness '09, '10

Deschutes Mirror Mirror '10
Lost Abbey Red Poppy Ale '11
Russian River Temptation, Consecration, Damnation, Damnation Batch 23, Supplication, Redemption.  If I have a Beatification, that, too.

Craft Brewer's Conference Symposium Ale '10 (Heartwood)
Craft Brewer's Conference Symposium Ales '11 (Sour Brown, Oyster Stout, New Albion Porter)

(Some of the above beers are single 12 oz bottles only, so small tastes on those)

If you've got something you want to share, bring it along on!

We'll have cheeses, breads, and various other snack foods good for munching on along with the beer.

And if you're not a beer geek and just want to come hang out, that's cool, too.  I don't understand you, mind you, but it's cool.

7317 W 58th Pl, Summit, IL (Google Maps knows the way.  There are three houses that look alike, ours is the middle one.)

For the city dwellers on the invite list, we're not in a very public transit-friendly location, but it's doable.  62H will get you within a block of our house for getting there, and 62 is about 6 blocks away for getting back.

Let us know by the 16th if you plan to come so we get enough food.  Thanks, and we hope to see you there!
--
Craig & Tisha