[POOL] Results

John Valdes valdes at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Feb 9 20:55:31 CST 2012

You win 4 one week, you lose 4 the next...  We played Cue Strokers,
Melanie's team, in a battle of negative and single digit handicaps. :)

Craig went first against Brian in a 2:3.  Craig said he wasn't able to
find his aim and went down, 0:3.

Eric played second against Bob in a 1:7.  Eric is still struggling to
get into a rhythm, making some good shots but failing to put enough
together for a win.  He lost his match 0:7.

Paul R then played Melanie in a 2:2.  Paul won the first game and lost
the second.  In the hill game, while he managed to get to the 8 well
before Melanie, he also managed to miss it and give up ball-in-hand 2
or 3 times.  Too much ball-in-hand usually means a win for your
opponent, and this time was no exception; Paul lost the hill game and
the match, 1:2.

Paul H played forth against Cheryl in another 2:2.  After trading
wins, Paul got to the 8 in the hill game, but despite an awesome
coach, ;) he ended up sinking it in the wrong pocket (or maybe
scratching, I forget), giving the game and match to Cheryl, 1:2.

I played last against Scott in a 4:2.  I had a tough time making my
shots, but managed to win the first game.  I lost the 2nd game by a
pretty wide margin, and was just about to lose the 3rd when Scott
luckily missed a makable shot.  I was then able come back to win the
3rd game, and managed to concentrate/slow down enough to win the 4th
and 5th to take the match, 4:1.

So 4 losses, 1 win.  We were tied for first with Kevin's team and 3
ahead of 2 third place teams at the start of the night, but Kevin's
team struggled too, only winning 2 matches, I believe, so fortunately,
we should only be a game out of 1st next week when we play Bass
Ackward.