[POOL] Results

John Valdes valdes at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Dec 14 01:57:22 CST 2011

OH ........ MY GOD!

We played X-Cue-ses, Ron Shepard's team.

First the good news. :)

Roger played Jenny in last week's makeup match, a 2:4, and won
handedly, 2:1.

Craig played the 1st match for this week against the surging Jason and
put him in his place, winning 2:0 in a 2:2 match.

After that, well, we collectively played 30 games over the next 4
matches and lost all of them, :( 0:30.  Paul R lost to Pat 0:10, Paul H
lost to Gaylen 0:3, I lost to George 0:7, and Roger lost to Lenore
0:10.  Oye!

All was not bad though; Paul R did put some good runs together against
Pat, who is very good, and he's slowly but surely improving on his cue
control.  Roger likewise made some good shots in his match against
Lenore and got to the 8 a few times, which is no small feat with
Lenore.

Best news of all, though, is that next week is the last week of the
fall season, which means an end to the suffering is close at hand, for
a few weeks, at least.  Unfortunately, before we get our respite, we
have to play Mr mR, Bob Daun's team.