[POOL] Results

John Valdes valdes at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Nov 29 23:06:26 CST 2011

Ugh.

Following the Hawk's example, we got shutout (again) tonight, 0-4. :(
We played Cue Strokers, a team we're fairly evenly matched with but
which we should have been able to beat.

Paul R played first against Cheryl in 2:2.  Cheryl won the first game,
but Paul make some nice shots to take the second.  In the final game,
Paul had a lot of tough shots to make and despite a good effort, he
ultimately went down, losing 1:2.

I played next against Ron Scott in a 3:5.  I shot poorly.  After
losing the first two games and having Ron run all his balls except the
8 in the 3rd game, I had all my remaining balls perfectly setup for a
nice runout, but alas, I missed an easy cut in the middle of the run
and lost that game and the next two, losing my match 0:5.

Rob played next against Melanie in a 3:2.  Rob got a nice win for the
first game, but he struggled a little in the next 2 games, scratching
a number of times.  Unfortuantely, all the ball in hand ended up being
his downfall, and he lost 1:2.

Az played 4th an a 3:3 against Brian.  Az's aim was off tonight too
and he could put together a win, losing 0:3.

Neither team had a 5th, so that game will be made up next week.